The foreign exchange market is open 24 hours a day during weekday hours, but closed on weekends. With time zone changes, however, the weekend gets squeezed.
Foreign exchange trading hours on Nordea Corporate are as follows:
- FX trading is available for trading 24 hours a day during weekday hours - except for weekends.
- FX trading opens Sunday at midnight CET (5:00 am Sydney time ) and closes Friday at 5:00 pm New York time.
- Permanent closing days are:
- Christmas Day - December 25
- New Year´s Day - January 1
Due to difference in the timing of daylight saving between Asia, Europe, USA both opening and closing hours are changed throughout the year. All times mentioned are Central European Time zone (CET).
|Date||Sunday open||Friday close|
|01 January - 08 March||00:00||23:00|
|09 March - 29 March||00:00||22:00|
|30 March - 25 October||00:00||23:00|
|26 October - 01 November||00:00||22:00|
|02 November - 31 December||00:00||23:00|
Please note: Customers cannot trade deposits on their own local bank holidays. Nordea is not responsible for cut-off times set by third party banks.